SilcoTek GmbH recently commissioned a study at the Research Center Weihenstephan for Brewing and Food Quality (BLQ ) of the Technical University of Munich. The study quantified and compared the sticking rate/cleanability of smaller bio-molecules (proteins) on Dursan® and stainless steel tubes.
How's your German? Read the original test report.
Benefits of reducing bio-fouling and contamination?
- Reduce protein carryover in automated clinical test systems.
- Increase purity in food beer & wine production
- Reduce bio formation in food processing plants
- Improved test accuracy in protein analysis
Dursan can be applied to a variety of analytical components:
Interior and exterior of needle surfaces
- Small bore tubing (fused silica and glass)
- Glass vials